A story has been circulating around Twitter (and the internet) about a Kuwaiti football fan allegedly pointing a laser pointer at Azklas goalkeeper Neil Etheridge during the Azkals-Kuwait match last Saturday for the second round of the FIFA World Cup qualifiers.
I was away from the internet for almost a week (though I have been always active on Twitter via SMS tweeting service @tweetitow) so I have no means to confirm the claim. Moreso, the image shown on some news programs on television is a little bit pixelated, blurred, and seemingly edited (or photoshopped, if that is the proper word to describe it).
Earlier this evening, TV-5’s Aksyon website interaksyon.com posted a high-resolution wide shot of the photo courtesy of the Kuwaiti Times. It appears to be fake or edited at first glance but Neil Etheridge’s story, as told on TV-Patrol, that he was actually distracted by a laser pointer is more than enough reason to believe the veracity of the photo.
You may also want to check the comments of some of the netizens on this issue by clicking the photo above. Sometimes, or most of the time, the real fun and and excitement happen on the comment box and not on the news per se.
And as for the usual and other stuff:
- I was among the few souls who stayed awake during the wee hours of the morning last Sunday to catch the Azkals-Kuwait match. The result may not be worth my puyat but I am still proud of our Philippine Foootball Team.
- The first half which ended on 1-0 in favor of Kuwait was good. It only shows that we can beat the Kuwaiti team. Sadly, the 40 plus-degree temperature on Kuwait and the exhaustion of our players paved the way for our 3-0 defeat.
- As expected, there are Pinoys who instantly became instant balimbings and perfect douchebags who instantly criticized and booed the Azkals for their defeat. Welcome to the Philippines!
- I wonder if alleged Azkals rape victim watched the game last Sunday. but she showed up on The Buzz later that afternoon for an interview with Tito Boy Abunda, What’s her name again? Nah, never mind. Good luck girl.
- I jokingly asked my friends who will watch the game later on Rizal Stadium to watch out for Kuwait #13 outside the stadium. Ha ha!
- If this Kuwaiti fan unleashed his laser pointer to distract our goal keeper, friends and fellow countrymen, UNLEASH YOUR LASER SWORD! (Or to my fellow Jedis, ilabas ang mga nakatagong Light Saber!)
- I hope that it will rain later so as to give us an advantage on these players who are not used on a rainy football match. Yahoo!
I wish our Philippine Football Team the best of luck! The road to Brazil is hard but I believe that we can make it!
Long live the Azkals! Padayon!
- ogenlazeren reblogged this from juanrepublic
- bayan-ni-juan reblogged this from juanrepublic
- al-g-neri reblogged this from juanrepublic
- paolaaabs reblogged this from gae-lee
- rojeeena reblogged this from thegreatmackoy
- thegreatmackoy reblogged this from juanrepublic and added:
- margarettecastro reblogged this from juanrepublic
- cnevilos likes this
- thedawnmarieia likes this
- ilovejorosh reblogged this from juanrepublic
- cutie21 likes this
- xeon18 reblogged this from juanrepublic and added:
- master0piece likes this
- idlelad reblogged this from applebernardino and added:
- ibelievekarl likes this
- bloodline-peasant likes this
- eyesofbiophiliac reblogged this from juanrepublic
- imforreal reblogged this from juanrepublic
- markivan07 reblogged this from juanrepublic
- voidx likes this
- movingonandmovingout likes this
- akosiako likes this
- mayiforonda reblogged this from juanrepublic
- whosaidso reblogged this from adrielisan
- kakaibabes likes this
- viceraltatlonghari reblogged this from juanrepublic
- judeisthename reblogged this from michellealdea
- kristenddictedandjellabear reblogged this from juanrepublic
- iamjulienne reblogged this from juanrepublic
- lazyeatingmachine reblogged this from dorkvader
- biancaisabelle reblogged this from thegiantmess
- vannaisms likes this
- bubblygum likes this
- adrielisan reblogged this from thegiantmess
- walanghanggangkalungkutan reblogged this from juanrepublic
- las-veg4s likes this
- jeromert likes this
- jeromert reblogged this from xiobekhulit and added:
- tbognot likes this
- angelicsi likes this
- matalinongtanga likes this
- mizzzfortune likes this
- essadelrosario reblogged this from thegiantmess
- stopstalkingmeromeo likes this
- photographylicious reblogged this from thegiantmess
- photographylicious likes this
- carlitamotcha reblogged this from juanrepublic
- antheamarieortiz likes this
- hiccupsforbreakfast likes this
- thegiantmess reblogged this from triliwag
This is a personal blog where rants, raves, and everything in between is written and posted.
About the Blogger: His name is Juan, a frustrated writer who hails from a sauna town at the foot of Mount Makiling. He spends his being an overworked and underpaid High School teacher and being a self-proclaimed superhero who is dreaming and trying to make a difference, one post at a time.
For correspondence, please email me at email@example.com
You can also find me at these websites:
My Lakbayan grade is C!
How much of the Philippines have you visited? Find out at Lakbayan!Created by Eugene Villar.
"Speak now or forever hold your peace.."