What is Oil?
Honestly, I cannot think of a good title for this post.
I have been sitting here inside a computer rental shop for about half an hour. You have read that right. I am currently away from the comfort of my beloved headquarters and tried an adventure which I haven’t done for quite some time now - to write serious stuff while being surrounded by shouting and cursing DOTA boys.
Yeah, it is hard to focus on your stuff when these kids are shouting and cursing at my ear. I am such a masochist.
Since I owned a laptop and an internet connection at our house, I stopped visiting my beloved computer rentals shop. But there is this one thing that I miss with this dark and noisy shops - the culture and the vibe of war among these kids. And that masa vibe of these places. Kids from the grassroots can play with and wage virtual war with upper class kids- thanks to technology their and love for the game.
Honestly, I cannot relate to these DOTA and Garena boys. It has been more than a decade since I last played a computer game. I was Grade 6 then when I last played Starcraft, Red Alert, Counter Strike, and Quake Arena.
So much for the introductory kuwento.
And while these kids are waging their own war in the cyber world (and I honestly cannot tell the purpose and end of these games, a real war has started on the other side of the globe. In the real world.
Dubed as Operation Odyssey Dawn, Allied Forces has started their air strikes against Muammar Gadaffi and his military armada.With the blessing of the UN Security Council, they have started to atack Gadaffi’s forces to protect the Libyan people from Gadaffi’s attacks.
And I am just okay with that. In times like these, we really need the help of these powerful countries to neutralize the situation.
But on the other hand, it came to my mind the other reality of this war.
Conspiracy theorists and chismosos said that the reason for the American attack on Iraq back in 2003 during the Operation Iraqi Freedom was not only to liberate the Iraqis from Saddam Hussein but also to take control of their rich oil deposits.
And after almost 8 years, it may be happening again. This time, in Libya.
I have nothing against the Allied Forces in helping the Libyan people. But hopefully, this will not lead to another allied-imperialist invasion.
Woah, I smell oil. I smell oil. How about you?
Will Libya be the next Iraq? We don’t know. Let’s just wait and see.
And hopefully, Muammar Gadaffi’s killing spree will soon come to an end.
Going back, I can no longer bear this noisy and ghastly environment inside the computer shop. I need fresh air outside. I’m out of here.
God save Libya. Padayon!
- whythankyou reblogged this from juanrepublic and added:
- tanibok likes this
- brianbaliw likes this
- zwityeyo likes this
- ilubuhon likes this
- iampernicious reblogged this from juanrepublic
- goloveandconquer reblogged this from juanrepublic
- beingalonerisaskill likes this
- agnesrustiasato08 likes this
- aguiladm03 likes this
- theboynextblog likes this
- ihatecebuwithapassion likes this
- johngusjohnnevin reblogged this from juanrepublic
- tadahaha reblogged this from juanrepublic
- theatregeekery likes this
- mrextraordinary reblogged this from juanrepublic and added:
- velym likes this
- kaykay70298 likes this
- mangtoni likes this
- mockingbird29 likes this
- emmbraced likes this
- dareenjoie likes this
- imaswiftie-yan reblogged this from juanrepublic
- jenn4u2luv likes this
- johngusjohnnevin likes this
- thecyberniche likes this
- heyzyrk reblogged this from juanrepublic
- eljaay reblogged this from juanrepublic
- the-supercabbage likes this
- eatingalphabets likes this
- ceresthegoddess likes this
- monchon likes this
- evrybdylies reblogged this from juanrepublic
- jkundesu reblogged this from juanrepublic
- jkundesu likes this
- geloooooooooooo likes this
- mjsc18 reblogged this from juanrepublic
- jerski likes this
- jomiewankenobi likes this
- lekosher reblogged this from juanrepublic
- sinosidebb likes this
- tumblrbubot likes this
- geloreyes likes this
- leahlei likes this
- iwriteasiwrite likes this
- nakererurish likes this
- margoism reblogged this from juanrepublic and added:
- xinbu likes this
- aimcaboy-kickasss likes this
- thisisdemfae likes this
This is a personal blog where rants, raves, and everything in between is written and posted.
About the Blogger: His name is Juan, a frustrated writer who hails from a sauna town at the foot of Mount Makiling. He spends his being an overworked and underpaid High School teacher and being a self-proclaimed superhero who is dreaming and trying to make a difference, one post at a time.
For correspondence, please email me at email@example.com
You can also find me at these websites:
My Lakbayan grade is C-!
How much of the Philippines have you visited? Find out at Lakbayan!Created by Eugene Villar.
"Speak now or forever hold your peace.."