Will Imelda Save the World?
Last night, I was on my usual habit of drinking a cup of kapeng barako while reading a good book (Sophie’s World) when an old friend from college texted me.
“Pare, crush pala ni Muamar Gadaffi si Imelda Marcos! Haha!”, he wrote.
I smirked and replied, "Hindi nga? Haha! Close naman sila dati pa. Gadaffi even asked Imelda to be a Muslim."
With that reply, our conversation ended and I continued to read my book.
Just a thought. Imelda Marcos was Ferdinand Marcos’s emissary during their time most especially when the leader is known to be tough and fierce. With her charm, Imelda knew how to tame the beasts and the lions.
Imelda Marcos said in an interview with GMA-News’ Sandra Aguinaldo that Gadaffi respected her. Let it be remembered that she was set to Libya by her husband to discuss the peace negotiations with the MNLF.
We are all familiar with the the continuing crisis at Libya and the situation of our OFWs there. And it seems that the violence will not end sooner than we hoped since Gadaffi warned of a bloodbath if US (and the west) intervenes.
Just a thought. Shall we send Imelda Marcos to Libya and let her talk to Gadaffi?
Send her to Gadaffi. Save Libya. Save the world. Maybe like tomorrow?
My suggestion may appear to be too ambitious. There are a lot of factors to be considered. Does Madam Imelda still possess that charm? Will Gadaffi listen to her? And moreso, is she still the dictator’s crush?
Yeah. My argument may seem to be too lame.
But here’s the thing. Imelda must first fix the mess created by her family here in our country.
Last night, I heard her son Bongbong on the television saying that there are nohuman rights violation during the time of his father.
Yeah, same old story. Twisting the events of history.
I will only believe Bongbong’s statement if someone can prove me that Maria Ozawa is still a virgin.
Let’s hope that everything will be fixed at Libya. And our country, Philippines.
Viva Filipinas! Padayon!
- maisons-du-monde likes this
- eat-thybrain likes this
- ivaccacionesprontomiel reblogged this from jillerkiller
- barmizpah likes this
- jillerkiller reblogged this from juanrepublic
- imgelamazing reblogged this from juanrepublic
- imgelamazing likes this
- jkundesu reblogged this from juanrepublic
- jkundesu likes this
- ecce12 reblogged this from juanrepublic
- aldentheakino said: "I will only believe Bongbong’s statement if someone can prove me that Maria Ozawa is still a virgin" - HAHAHA
- giyankyutie likes this
- kajaanasibal likes this
- zee-alchemits likes this
- buribot reblogged this from juanrepublic
- buribot likes this
- reikaaah reblogged this from juanrepublic
- reikaaah likes this
- almondsfordessert reblogged this from juanrepublic
- tanibok likes this
- iamafool likes this
- dragon-glass likes this
- patriciakarol reblogged this from untying
- hanjaejun likes this
- toccoans reblogged this from untying
- toccoans likes this
- therunawayhomecomingqueen reblogged this from ostracizedfromsociety
- therunawayhomecomingqueen likes this
- kfinethanksbye reblogged this from kramark
- alvinthechipmunks21 reblogged this from juanrepublic
- kramark reblogged this from juanrepublic
- kramark likes this
- misterleonidas said: sino po si Maria Ozawa?
- straw-berryjam likes this
- remingtooon reblogged this from juanrepublic
- tin-msbrightside reblogged this from juanrepublic
- violinamachi likes this
- introkabab reblogged this from juanrepublic
- zakyrizaghtzum reblogged this from sinosidebb and added:
- carmelamela reblogged this from juanrepublic and added:
- carmelamela likes this
- millaisvip reblogged this from juanrepublic
- laruhhh likes this
- tealcheesecake likes this
- karencabal reblogged this from juanrepublic and added:
- karencabal likes this
- ostracizedfromsociety reblogged this from iamsafredized and added:
- emeelowti likes this
- botanicalcottonmouth likes this
This is a personal blog where rants, raves, and everything in between is written and posted.
About the Blogger: His name is Juan, a frustrated writer who hails from a sauna town at the foot of Mount Makiling. He spends his being an overworked and underpaid High School teacher and being a self-proclaimed superhero who is dreaming and trying to make a difference, one post at a time.
For correspondence, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also find me at these websites:
My Lakbayan grade is C-!
How much of the Philippines have you visited? Find out at Lakbayan!Created by Eugene Villar.
"Speak now or forever hold your peace.."