Jump Brother! (and Other Missing Personalities)
Whether we were in EDSA in 1986 or not, most of us are familiar with the famous “victory jump” of then-AFP vice Chief-of-Staff Fidel “Tabako” Ramos.
And yesterday, during the 25th anniversary of the bloodless revolution at EDSA, our beloved tabako shows that he can still jump high.
Nag-Flanax siguro bago pumunta doon.
President Aquino beams as former President Fidel Ramos and former Senator Agapito “Butz” Aquino reenacts the historic “jump” as EDSA Heroes and personalities does a “kapit-bisig” and singing “Magkaisa”
Though makulay ang selebrasyon kahapon at espesyal kumpara sa mga nagdaang taon, hindi pa rin maitatago na parang medyo “kulang”.
- Someone is missing yesterday. Where is Manong Johnny Enrile? And where is his famous usi na nakasabit sa kanyang balikat back in 1986? Nakatago pa din kaya? Kita niyo na, hindi pa lang ipinapanganak ang karamihan sa atin, nasa puwesto na si Manong Johnny. Ang tibay ano?
- Where is the kilabot-ng-mga-kolehiyala-noong-1986-pamatay-sa-bigote-pare Gringo Honasan? He’s missing in action yesterday. Ah I know. Nakikipag-away sa Twitter kay Jim Paredes (nakita niyo ba yun kahapon? Ang cool di ba?)
- Nasaan kaya yung ibang mga generals at mga troop leaders na unti-unting kumalas kay Makoy noong kasagsagan ng people power?
- Ano kayang reaksyon ni General Fabian Ver at Ferdinand Marcos sa kabilang buhay? (Hindi ko sinabing langit, impyerno, nirvana, o purgatoryo dahil hindi ko alam kung nasaan sila.)
- E yung mga buhay pang mga Marcos - Imelda, Bongbong, Imee, Irene, and others - nag-celebrate din kaya sila kahapon? Or naglalaro sila ngayon ng Senti Sabado?
- Though Cardinal Sin and Tita Cory are no longer with us, they are still with us in spirit. Maraming salamat po sa inyong dalawa.
Sa milyon-milyong Pilipino na sumuporta noon, maraming salamat sa inyo. Tumatanaw ng malaki ang henerasyon namin sa kabayanihang ginawa niyo noon.
Huwag sanang mamatay ang espiritu ng EDSA. Viva Filipinas! Padayon!
Photo by: Robert Vinas / Malacañang Photo Bureau courtesy of the Official Facebok Page of President Noynoy Aquino
- deadheroessociety likes this
- january25th likes this
- random-kyutness reblogged this from catuken
- random-kyutness likes this
- catuken reblogged this from juanrepublic
- grapesandstrawberries likes this
- itsjamesyall likes this
- iamcripple likes this
- eymadreamer reblogged this from wuhlakampakhii
- niggahnig reblogged this from juanrepublic
- aimlessconversations likes this
- pacifics likes this
- enzie1435 reblogged this from walanghanggangkalungkutan
- subspacedhalfninja reblogged this from juanrepublic
- scrawlsfromhell likes this
- mybrotherisagoddess likes this
- zyrrainvent reblogged this from juanrepublic
- sad-crocodile likes this
- exploringkath likes this
- iamepic likes this
- cheerfulchelle likes this
- broomstickbroombroom reblogged this from juanrepublic
- sadomarksochist likes this
- jonviktor likes this
- sanswely reblogged this from juanrepublic and added:
- theuniqueversion reblogged this from juanrepublic
- meyouforever likes this
- ubenchx said: Kaloka nga ang intellectual debate/tweets nila Gringo Honasan at Jim Paredes. FTW!
- ubenchx likes this
- mheyuki reblogged this from juanrepublic
- mheyuki likes this
- aikaism reblogged this from juanrepublic
- archdemon92 reblogged this from juanrepublic
- jpatrickpineda likes this
- rlyn likes this
- tanibok likes this
- barbie08 likes this
- santiboi likes this
- tazhy93 likes this
- iampernicious reblogged this from juanrepublic
- poohrplezion reblogged this from juanrepublic
- iamjoannesantos likes this
- yongbhabuii likes this
- pseudobob likes this
- janina09 likes this
- slumber-dog likes this
- keepcalmanddotheprettygirlrock reblogged this from juanrepublic
- keepcalmanddotheprettygirlrock likes this
- kolinyenyangadizon likes this
- jesternjhonjuan reblogged this from juanrepublic
This is a personal blog where rants, raves, and everything in between is written and posted.
About the Blogger: His name is Juan, a frustrated writer who hails from a sauna town at the foot of Mount Makiling. He spends his being an overworked and underpaid High School teacher and being a self-proclaimed superhero who is dreaming and trying to make a difference, one post at a time.
For correspondence, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also find me at these websites:
My Lakbayan grade is C!
How much of the Philippines have you visited? Find out at Lakbayan!Created by Eugene Villar.
"Speak now or forever hold your peace.."