OVER AND OUT. The Inquirer banner on the first day of freedom leads the heady cocktail of stories on Page 1 that reflects the tumult and triumph of a people unshackling their chains and the urgency of rebuilding a nation. There was this, too, the need to pause and offer a prayer of thanks.
In today’s age, the newspaper plays a vital role in history. It chronicles the events and gives us some of the most memorable image of any occasion that shapes the course of history.
In today’s issue, the Philippine Daily Inquirer republishes its iconic “It’s all over. Marcos Flees” frontpage.
They say that one of the most important aftermath of the 1986 EDSA People Power was the restoration of democracy and press freedom.
And the triumphant return of Voltes V on television.
May the spirit of the 1986 EDSA continue to live in our hearts. Hopefully. Fingers crossed. Prayers raised.
Maraming salamat sa mga nakibaka sa EDSA para sa kalayaang tinatamasa natin ngayon. Good morning everyone! Maligayang ika-25 anibersaryo ng tunay na rebolusyon sa EDSA!
Viva Filipinas! Padayon!
- sourceorsink likes this
- ynitsed08 reblogged this from mlq3
- louiiie likes this
- half-autistic reblogged this from mlq3
- popcornbutterfly reblogged this from mlq3
- realynn likes this
- kirbyaraullo reblogged this from mlq3
- excelmore likes this
- xoxopimpimxoxo likes this
- jonverdavid likes this
- sgtpeppy likes this
- arcaneboy reblogged this from mlq3
- mortypaul reblogged this from gerhardbandiola
- mortypaul likes this
- bel-chiaro-di-luna likes this
- chingdee reblogged this from mlq3
- chingdee likes this
- allpraisesjess reblogged this from mlq3
- andromeduh likes this
- zhipwreck reblogged this from gerhardbandiola and added:
- arsenicintransit reblogged this from mlq3
- primarybrights likes this
- kramark reblogged this from mlq3
- kramark likes this
- gerhardbandiola reblogged this from mlq3
- gerhardbandiola likes this
- arsenicintransit likes this
- eruditemonk likes this
- mlq3 reblogged this from juanrepublic
- ibongadonis reblogged this from juanrepublic
- laemperatrizz likes this
- itsjamesyall likes this
- chimnaei likes this
- princessnextdoor likes this
- tanibok likes this
- chubibo2k9 reblogged this from juanrepublic
- archieology reblogged this from grassandcitrus
- grassandcitrus reblogged this from juanrepublic
- moniquecular likes this
- misshann08 reblogged this from thewondergirlchronicles
- makemegolalala likes this
- wkndr likes this
- iamcharlesthecure reblogged this from juanrepublic
- nica26relene likes this
- sheilagamilla reblogged this from juanrepublic
- sheilagamilla likes this
- mahalkoangtubig likes this
- slumber-dog likes this
- aesprika likes this
This is a personal blog where rants, raves, and everything in between is written and posted.
About the Blogger: His name is Juan, a frustrated writer who hails from a sauna town at the foot of Mount Makiling. He spends his being an overworked and underpaid High School teacher and being a self-proclaimed superhero who is dreaming and trying to make a difference, one post at a time.
For correspondence, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also find me at these websites:
My Lakbayan grade is C!
How much of the Philippines have you visited? Find out at Lakbayan!Created by Eugene Villar.
"Speak now or forever hold your peace.."