Mar Roxas - Chief Troubleshooter?
This just in. If you think that Former Senator Mar “Mister Palengke” Roxas has been missing in action after his double defeat last elections (Yeah, double defeat. First, he got ousted as a Presidential Candidate for Liberal Party to give way to Noynoy. And second, his unexpected - well, I expected it - defeat against the dark horse Jejomar Binay.), we are now expecting for his comeback soon. Hopefully. Or not.
President Aquino is eyeing his former running mate to be his administration’s “Chief Troubleshooter”. Yeah, you have read that right. Troubleshooter. Like a computer. His main function is to “Ctrl+Alt+Del” whatever issue this administration has difficulty on resolving.
I have nothing against Senator Mar Roxas. He was a good Senator. Except when he shouted “Putang Ina!” at the anti-Cha-Cha rally at the Makati Central Business District back in December 12, 2008 (You may watch the video here) - in front of the Madres and some kids. Yeah.
So what do we expect from Mar Roxas? Is he really fit for the job as, ugh, the Chief “Ctrl+Alt+Del” or “Alt+F4” of the government? These are my thoughts:
- Does the President really trust Mar to be the Chief Troubleshooter? Will that appear to be a “one man power”, and in the eyes of the ordinary Juan, a position equal or higher to the President? Why have a “Chief Troubleshooter”? Does that mean that the President and his trusted men are incompetent to do the job to the point of hiring Mar Roxas to do the thing?
- Where to put Mar Roxas? Will the administration make another executive Order creating a special office? (And yeah, I can smell another battle between the Executive and the Judicial Department).
- Troubleshooting may appear to be fine tuning. This will appear that indeed, the Aquino Government is a Trial-and-error government.
- I think Mar Roxas is fit for the Department of Education. And whenever students, teachers, and contractors are up to something which is no good, all he has to do is to shout “Putang Ina!”. Let’s bring back golden days of the strict and cursing teachers. Yeah! Just kidding.
- But this, in my opinion, will be the best new job for Mar Roxas. I think President Noy should appoint Mar Roxas as Presidential Adviser for Love Affairs. After all, Mar got Noy’s ex-girlfriend Korina Sanchez as his wife. So maybe an advice or two about love life won’t hurt.
Mar is back. Sooner or later. I just hope that he will be an asset to the promised “matuwid na daan” and not just another “Putang Ina!” along the way.
Click the photo to read the whole news on Inquirer.Net.
- atrosika123 likes this
- maifelipe reblogged this from juanrepublic
- theboynextblog likes this
- sgtbutete likes this
- kleomarlo reblogged this from juanrepublic
- kleomarlo likes this
- carlisbaddanger likes this
- keyuwarti likes this
- hyperglycemic likes this
- shielaism reblogged this from juanrepublic
- hackfromnowheresville reblogged this from juanrepublic
- heregoesderik likes this
- bubblygum said: Ex-GF pala ni Noy si Korina? Di ko alam yun ah.
- yummydingding likes this
- seekthegeekk reblogged this from juanrepublic
- seekthegeekk likes this
- cheadela likes this
- osikkin likes this
- tumblrnirose likes this
- orlaineapril likes this
- jhandenveer likes this
- epicnephrine likes this
- kiyayepoicalvo said: parang technician lang si Mar ah
- thecyberniche likes this
- the-supercabbage likes this
- ethanolic likes this
- i-see-blue-stars likes this
- ellobofilipino likes this
- sutileh likes this
- 500daysofkissingmypillow likes this
- juanrepublic posted this
This is a personal blog where rants, raves, and everything in between is written and posted.
About the Blogger: His name is Juan, a frustrated writer who hails from a sauna town at the foot of Mount Makiling. He spends his being an overworked and underpaid High School teacher and being a self-proclaimed superhero who is dreaming and trying to make a difference, one post at a time.
For correspondence, please email me at email@example.com
You can also find me at these websites:
My Lakbayan grade is C-!
How much of the Philippines have you visited? Find out at Lakbayan!Created by Eugene Villar.
"Speak now or forever hold your peace.."