Headline of the Day
After a tension-filled week worrying about the rocket launch of the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (North Korea) and their young, new leader Kim Jong Un, the whole world (especially the Philippines) breathed a sigh of relief after learning that the rocket (suspected of being a ballistic missile) disintegrated on the atmosphere and fell on the Yellow Sea.
And laughed their asses off.
It appears that the massive launch of memes and heckling yesterday on the internet across the globe was more successful than the launch of the Unha-3 rocket.
And the meme-loving country like ours was not left behind on giving a good laugh about that failure. Various pictures spread yesterday, with some being creative and funny on giving the reason why the rocket disintegrated (It was stopped by our beloved Mars, Twitter’s Superstar Marian, the rocket was from CD-R King, etc.).
And one of our tabloids was not to be left behind on giving us a good laugh. On today’s issue of Abante, it has a funny headline ‘Supot’, describing the failure of the North Korean rocket.
Supot, for my non-Filipino readers, is a Filipino slang which literally means ‘uncircumcised’. It has an unfavorable and derogatory manner which means ‘not man enough’, or ‘not strong enough’. (Circumcision is a right of passage among young boys here. You will not be considered a true man or strong enough if you haven’t been ‘cut’.)
North Korea has been bragging about this rocket for some time now so why fail? Analysts are saying that being a hermit nation, their technology was 50 years behind. I have this theory that this rocket was just a decoy, a planned failure, a part of the grand plan to showcase the young leader’s power.
Will the world be in danger against this little nation? We don’t know yet. But for now, just enjoy the good laugh.
Read more and view more memes here: Netizens laugh off failure of North Korean rocket launch
- tiorico likes this
- carmelaelaela likes this
- vershophobia likes this
- momskie45 likes this
- ziejeitheplatypus reblogged this from pinoytumblr
- dope-catalyst reblogged this from pinoytumblr
- ladyhaly reblogged this from pinoytumblr
- madmuzic reblogged this from juanrepublic
- filipinoflip likes this
- mwahihi likes this
- jinjjajev likes this
- sshmacker reblogged this from aahimself
- shiningmary likes this
- aahimself reblogged this from dorkvader
- aahimself likes this
- chulalalah likes this
- vawewia likes this
- elamentary likes this
- retrospectivejcboi reblogged this from pinoytumblr
- retrospectivejcboi likes this
- freemah-ness likes this
- 12marbles reblogged this from pinoytumblr and added:
- blaahblaahblaah likes this
- waitwhat-didyoujust reblogged this from pinoytumblr
- dorkvader reblogged this from whitewolf7
- cloudkorrasami likes this
- sheeroow reblogged this from pinoytumblr
- internetwatchpost likes this
- ememwth likes this
- danishlighthouse likes this
- bluerose2022004 reblogged this from juanrepublic
- blizzard14 likes this
- keitharoh likes this
- orione-celephyr likes this
- ichiandeezee reblogged this from pinoytumblr
- paulacortez likes this
- rpscc reblogged this from pinoytumblr
- whatishotiswhatyousee likes this
- thealixeroflife likes this
- gkristine likes this
- gavs13 likes this
- shareanycolor reblogged this from pinoytumblr
- daintyrogueinporcelain reblogged this from pinoytumblr and added:
- vileandvicious reblogged this from pinoytumblr
- hellomissportia reblogged this from pinoytumblr
- jzubz reblogged this from pinoytumblr
- twomonthshelflife reblogged this from pinoytumblr and added:
- twomonthshelflife likes this
- angeldustdreamer likes this
- wafha09 likes this
This is a personal blog where rants, raves, and everything in between is written and posted.
About the Blogger: His name is Juan, a frustrated writer who hails from a sauna town at the foot of Mount Makiling. He spends his being an overworked and underpaid High School teacher and being a self-proclaimed superhero who is dreaming and trying to make a difference, one post at a time.
For correspondence, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also find me at these websites:
My Lakbayan grade is C-!
How much of the Philippines have you visited? Find out at Lakbayan!Created by Eugene Villar.
"Speak now or forever hold your peace.."