An Eargasmic Juggernaut Music
If I were to give an Eargasmic Album of the Year award, it would be Patience Dear Juggernaut’s debut release Girl the Impaler. NU 107 is long dead (368 days is long, right?) so I might as well do my own Rock Awards this year.
Wait, who the hell is Patient Dear Juggernaut? Some of you may ask. Let me do the honors of introducing him to you, thanks to the artist’s Facebook Page:
Patience Dear Juggernaut is the solo project of Manila-based songwriter and filmmaker Cameron Aquino (AKA Wincy Ong), who writes, composes and plays the music for all of his songs. Cameron Aquino was a former guitarist of the indie band Narda and is the guitarist-keyboardist of Us-2 Evil-0.
The artist’s style can be characterized by ‘60s style harmony vocals, psychedelic chord progressions, robotic beeps and bleats, and progressive song structures, while his lyrical style leans towards the Dionysian and the absurd.
The other night, I saw a post from CJ De Silva's Tumblr page (we used to know her then as the Promil Kid with an awesome drawing skills. And yeah, I envied her for that.) about an illustration inspired by Patience Dear Juggernaut's songs. And it included a Bandcamp link where one can listen to all of the songs. I immediately checked its Facebook page and lo and behold, the album can be downloaded for FREE! If there is one thing wonderful in this cyber world aside from downloaded movies, that would be free music so that’s something to be celebrated, right? (I checked the page earlier this morning and I was surprised that they are charging 5 Dollars for the album. I wonder why.)
I first discovered Patience Dear Juggernaut on one of Lilystars Records posts before. Being a fan of bands under their roster of artists and other similar acts like Your Imaginary Friends, The Camerawalls, A Gentle Isolation, National Express, Outerhope, Us-2 Evil-0, Everything Gone Green, That Lingering Feeling, and other artists included in the Filipino Indie Pop Scene compilations, I immediately binged (uh, pardon the word) its music. And I was not disappointed.
The opening track Beta Male is enough for one to immediately like (and dance to) the album. It showcases Wincy Ong’s commendable poetry backed with an upbeat tune. Other notable tracks on the album are Art School Lover (Death to Ordinary Girls) and Ellen. But you have to listen the the whole album because I guarantee that every song is a sweet tune to the ear.
Being an indie pop aficionado, you may judge me as bias for giving a two-thumbs-and-toes-up for this album. If there is one thing I love about indie pop music, it is the ability to give us music with killer melodies, sweet vocals, and better poetry.
This album deserves to be in your playlist. I recommend this on your car’s music box and iPods because this is a perfect music for long travels and unforgiving traffic conditions. Or just listen to it whenever you feel like relaxing. Or having a good time. Or being alone with nature.
Now where’s my piano? I must learn to play these songs.
- Patience Dear Juggernaut’s Official Facebook Page.
- Listen to the 9-track album of Patience Dear Juggernaut on his Bandcamp page. Eargasm guaranteed.
- Know more about Cameron Aquino AKA Wincy Ong AKA Patience Dear Juggernaut on this feature at ClicktheCity.com
- almostwholesome likes this
- thumbelenina reblogged this from katringkringkring
- katringkringkring reblogged this from juanrepublic
- panextnamahiligsakwekkwek likes this
- mckelvey631 likes this
- jasmineatsix reblogged this from juanrepublic and added:
- jasmineatsix likes this
- cotorotom likes this
- painfullynice likes this
- hoyshh likes this
- cjdesilva likes this
- therevolutionwillnotbevilified likes this
- annaaltheafab likes this
- arsenicintransit likes this
- ezellesa likes this
- radiomint likes this
- juanpablo15 likes this
- turbochick reblogged this from juanrepublic
- pomatoninja likes this
- bandangpinoy reblogged this from withmylefteye
- bandangpinoy likes this
- omarboii likes this
- amak000 likes this
- turbochick likes this
- artcetera-artcetera likes this
- cheadela likes this
- rikkishiratori likes this
- xoxopimpimxoxo likes this
- paweetakoyaki reblogged this from juanrepublic
- glitterwave reblogged this from juanrepublic and added:
- matanong reblogged this from juanrepublic
- matanong likes this
- 19thstreet likes this
- inspiration-cafe said: Wow looks like this is something to look forward. I’ll check this out later after work.
- inspiration-cafe likes this
- mividanadzie likes this
- millaisvip likes this
- hoyisko likes this
- micahtok likes this
- katringkringkring likes this
- suluteras likes this
- withmylefteye reblogged this from juanrepublic
- shewasastarcollector likes this
- withmylefteye said: siya ba si sven dun sa show na rakista sa tv 5 nuon? saka yung kabanda ni jacci rocha sa rakenrol?
- reenactthatact likes this
- withmylefteye likes this
- juanrepublic posted this
This is a personal blog where rants, raves, and everything in between is written and posted.
About the Blogger: His name is Juan, a frustrated writer who hails from a sauna town at the foot of Mount Makiling. He spends his being an overworked and underpaid High School teacher and being a self-proclaimed superhero who is dreaming and trying to make a difference, one post at a time.
For correspondence, please email me at email@example.com
You can also find me at these websites:
My Lakbayan grade is C!
How much of the Philippines have you visited? Find out at Lakbayan!Created by Eugene Villar.
"Speak now or forever hold your peace.."