Vindication for Christopher Lao
Last August, Christopher Lao became an infamous internet sensation and a victim of taunts and satires by social media users when he drove his car directly into a flooded street causing it to drift in the flood. When interviewed by GMA News Reporter Jun Veneracion, who happened to be shooting within the vicinity, he told the latter the now-famous line “I should have been informed”, saying that signs should be put in the area.
In today’s social media age when information can spread faster than before, one’s mistakes or boo-boos can easily be exaggerated and then taunted and ridiculed afterwards. And Mister Lao was one of its victims.
But now, Christopher Lao is back, still with a flooded car, but starring in a commercial for BPI.
Lao plays himself repeating the same words, including the now-famous quote, “I should have been informed,” that he uttered to GMA reporter Jun Veneracion, who is played by an actor in the commercial for BPI.
“This is my way of saying yes to life,” Lao told GMA News. “Some good finally came out of this crisis. It became an opportunity. I can now pay for the tuition of my daughter.”
Lao is currently studying for the bar exam next month, but took time off to shoot the commercial last weekend.
The commercial ends with the graphic, “Nature doesn’t inform you.” BPI used Lao to pitch its auto loans that come with one year free insurance covering acts of nature. The ad is expected to air in cinemas as well as on BPI’s YouTube channel.
Karma is not always a bitch. And Christpher Lao is the perfect example that one can use his down moments in life to rise up again and make something wonderful out of it.
Christopher Lao is back! Who’s laughing now?
- Read the whole story on GMANews.TV. Yes, especially you who Laughed Out LAOd (pun intended) last August.
- Christopher Lao is on Twitter. And his description says The genuine I should have been informed driver. Cool guy.
- danessamarie likes this
- krinkletwinkle likes this
- krinkletwinkle reblogged this from niumi
- niumi reblogged this from gerhardbandiola
- neomah likes this
- skheyttles likes this
- admiralpancake reblogged this from herecomesvanessa
- herecomesvanessa reblogged this from pinoytumblr and added:
- itwouldbenice likes this
- tittletattle reblogged this from juanrepublic and added:
- melancoffee reblogged this from juanrepublic
- cursedonearth likes this
- boowhuddup reblogged this from friendlysnob and added:
- jfvisualartist reblogged this from pinoytumblr and added:
- atejayzz likes this
- savingflutteringangels likes this
- ooh-its-roj reblogged this from juanrepublic
- next-paige-please likes this
- mrcurioshity likes this
- maxinecarvajal reblogged this from juanrepublic
- gelibooooo reblogged this from juanrepublic
- citiesatwar reblogged this from juanrepublic
- kakasparkles reblogged this from juanrepublic
- hazyandblues likes this
- diehard007 reblogged this from juanrepublic
- diehard007 likes this
- vampiremochi reblogged this from juanrepublic
- sakanami reblogged this from juanrepublic
- missesbie likes this
- breyen likes this
- impishlady likes this
- thecomicalkid likes this
- clyde022007 reblogged this from juanrepublic
- higherthaneiffel likes this
- philippinebikol likes this
- seenly likes this
- petesboybrusgirl reblogged this from juanrepublic
- jemy0517 reblogged this from juanrepublic
- simplyzhel13 reblogged this from juanrepublic and added:
- changsubpls likes this
- burgerchan likes this
- n-octurnal-c-hild reblogged this from juanrepublic and added:
- abseils likes this
- itoshisa reblogged this from juanrepublic
- ethanolic likes this
- bbcherrymobile likes this
- wreckspawn reblogged this from juanrepublic
- jcbuenaventura likes this
- redslim08 likes this
- faeshuu likes this
This is a personal blog where rants, raves, and everything in between is written and posted.
About the Blogger: His name is Juan, a frustrated writer who hails from a sauna town at the foot of Mount Makiling. He spends his being an overworked and underpaid High School teacher and being a self-proclaimed superhero who is dreaming and trying to make a difference, one post at a time.
For correspondence, please email me at email@example.com
You can also find me at these websites:
My Lakbayan grade is C-!
How much of the Philippines have you visited? Find out at Lakbayan!Created by Eugene Villar.
"Speak now or forever hold your peace.."