Nine days after the onslaught of Typhoons “Pedring” and “Quiel,” President Benigno Aquino III on Wednesday finally saw for himself flood-devastated areas in three provinces.
We live in the age of internet and social media. This is the age when new words and terms spread faster than a new strain of flu and memes are as ordinary as the everyday traffic situation at EDSA.
We’ve seen a lot. From the way jejemons type their messages to the new poses such as planking, owling, batmaning, and bakling. And now, inspired by our President’s alleged management style, there’s a new term that is about to spread (if successful) in the internet.
I was drunk browsing cyber stuff last night when I came across a screen cap of a Facebook conversation supposedly coming from Overheard at UP Facebook page. According to it, noynoying is defined as a term for that idle moment na walang ginagawa pero dapat ay mayroon na.
For example, Dapat nagre-review pero noynoying muna.
Procrastination has a new name. And it was inspired by our President.
Critics have been accusing Aquino of being lax on his duty as President and having poor management skills. Recently, the Opposition slammed Aquino for not being present during the onslaught of Typhoons Pedring and Quiel.
This is not the first time that Aquino was criticized for not being present during the time of crisis. During the height of the Quirino Grandstand hostage crisis, the President was also criticized for not being present at the situation. During the height of the tragedy.
Is Noynoy Aquino really lax or not? Are you satisfied with the way the Administration deal with tragedies and calamities? (Okay, this sounds like a Teevee Patrol text poll).
Maybe. But I believe that one is immortalized when his name is used as an adjective. And a verb. Like Noynoying. Or numo-Noynoy.
Keep calm. And stop noynoying.
Be productive Pilipinas! Padayon!
Other related reads:
- Why Aquino didn’t visit flood victims sooner Read the Administration’s ‘defense’ here. It’s kinda convincing. Sort of.
- Christmas in jail for Arroyos seen Sa wakas! Mailalagay na sa kalaboso ang mga mandurugas! Merry Christmas Pilipinas! (I love the the way words rhyme.)
- kcvictoria likes this
- loveworthfighting likes this
- ishaang likes this
- abeeprado likes this
- corinth likes this
- otherwisemaladroit reblogged this from juanrepublic
- lemonaude likes this
- altarserverako reblogged this from juanrepublic
- gmerish likes this
- erisakuma likes this
- superchunkymonkey reblogged this from juanrepublic
- blurbsinwickedstrings reblogged this from teejieesanoy
- gelaaa likes this
- teejieesanoy reblogged this from juanrepublic
- teejieesanoy likes this
- rizzeyana reblogged this from juanrepublic
- shtememona reblogged this from juanrepublic
- arsenicintransit likes this
- emeelowti likes this
- maluhongpulubi likes this
- kramark reblogged this from juanrepublic
- kramark likes this
- whatishotiswhatyousee likes this
- www-nilkyta likes this
- juanrepublic posted this
This is a personal blog where rants, raves, and everything in between is written and posted.
About the Blogger: His name is Juan, a frustrated writer who hails from a sauna town at the foot of Mount Makiling. He spends his being an overworked and underpaid High School teacher and being a self-proclaimed superhero who is dreaming and trying to make a difference, one post at a time.
For correspondence, please email me at email@example.com
You can also find me at these websites:
My Lakbayan grade is C!
How much of the Philippines have you visited? Find out at Lakbayan!Created by Eugene Villar.
"Speak now or forever hold your peace.."